|MATERIALS: Foam, hole punch, star stickers, pipe cleaners|
Made with love by Wolff's Crafty Kids
Thursday, December 17, 2015
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Number 1: BARNWOOD BLOOMShttp://www.fleamarketgardening.org/2013/10/31/jeannes-barnwood-blooms/
Number 2: FLEA MARKET FAIRY GARDEN
This adorable flea market fairy garden was made by Wolff's Crafty Kids at Wolff's Flea Market Palatine. About 12 vendor and customer children 11 years old and under added their own personal touches. They had so many ideas! I just put out miscellaneous found supplies and let them have at it. I spy. What do you see? On display HERE.
|HOW CUTE IS THIS!|
Number 3: TREE LOG PLANTER
For 2 weeks I noticed 3 partially carved log bowls. I thinks they were rejects from a wood carver. A vendor won the at an auction and sold me this one for $5. I shoulda bought the others.
This easy project involved just a few steps:
- Drill a couple holes for drainage
- Line with gardening cloth
- Fill with compost or your favorite soil blend
- Since this was towards the end of the season, I just transplanted a few sedum clippings and annuals
- It is on display in front of a recycled pallet with has glass insulators containing LED lights.
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
This old, tired "curbside" butcher block ended up at the flea market. A little TLC transformed it into this serving cart.
- First I removed the yucky loose and useless shelf
- A good sanding removed most of the dark stain, but I left some to show through the final finish
- Bottom half of cart was painted with 2 coats of dilutes Barn Red paint. Dark blue, forest green and creamy beige were also blotted on and then wiped off to add a slight weathered look.
- Top and painted areas were covered in 2 coats of Varathane Golden Oak semi-gloss Stain & Poly (water based).
- Hardware: shut off valve knob (front left), bottle opener (front right), craft fair stone hook (side right), 4 caster wheels.
- Shelf: I added a sanded plank of recycled cedar fencing as a removable bottom shelf
- Accessories: Handmade wine caddy on top and wineglass box on bottom shelf are made from recycled fencing and pallets by me (Impatient Pallets)