|Old advertising letters|
People regard Small Business Saturday as a day to honor small and family-owned businesses after mall and big store shopping on Black Friday. But we here at Wolff's Flea Market celebrate small businesses each and every day that we are open, as do other markets worldwide.
|WOLFF'S FLEA MARKET CHICAGO AREA|
FLEA MARKETS AND SWAP MEETS ARE
COMPRISED OF HUNDREDS OF SMALL BUSINESSES
|1970's LOVE Chair|
What types of sellers might be found at a flea market? Families, individuals, start-up companies, small business entrepreneurs, non-profit groups, inventors, crafters, designers, junkers, senior citizens, charities, veterans, collectors, hoarders, garage salers, downsizers, empty-nesters, students, hobbyists, service providers, business owners. There are surely even more!
In no particular order, here are
10 SMALL (BUSINESS) REASONS TO SHOP AT A FLEA MARKET
|Repurposed window art|
- Personalized attention as vendors engage their customers in conversation and camaraderie.
- Support of small and growing start-up ventures
- Handmade crafts like soap and holiday decorations
- Last year's new merchandise finds a home after big box stores sell their surplus to auction houses for resellers. Consumers save big bucks on new items like clothing, shoes and accessories.
- Store returns in mint or slightly banged up condition (often fixable) find a home as big box stores minimize their losses by selling these items by the pallet to resellers. Toys, small appliances and household goods abound in this category.
- The concepts of Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle come alive for used merchandise as one man's trash is another's treasure
- As the Duggar's say, " Buy used and save the difference". Save money on used items that are perfectly usable.
- One stop shopping. Flea markets offer just about every category of merchandise from furniture to books, clothing, jewelry, art, home decor, kitchen goods, gifts, antiques, sports memorabilia, movies, music and more. Very convenient!
- Unique and one of a kind items like vintage estate jewelry, collectible toys or retro signs are hard to find and dealers are able to deliver to their customers.
- The element of surprise! Who knows what you will find?
|Vintage tin garage|
|What will you find at the flea?|
|Shop small at your local flea market!|
|Nice Banana Crate|