WOLFF'S FLEA MARKET
VENDOR COVID PROTOCOL 2021
Wolff’s Flea Market VENDOR PROTOCOL 2021
Protect Yourself & Others 3/3/2021 Call/Text 847-524-9590 wolffs.com
Welcome back to Wolff’s Flea Market! Most of us are familiar with the steps necessary to keep ourselves and others safe during COVID-19. Even though we are all outdoors shopping, it is important to comply with the following safety protocols. In addition to limiting the flea market capacity, we will be implementing several new procedures this season. We look forward to working together again! Let’s make this the best year ever! Please keep/print this document.
WEAR A MASK - PER ILLINOIS, VILLAGE OF ROSEMONT & WOLFF’S FLEA MARKET RULES
- Employees, Vendors, Customers and those over the age of 2 are required to wear masks at all times while at Wolff’s Flea Market. You may not enter or remain at the market if unmasked. If you do not have a mask, you will be required to purchase/obtain one at the entrance.
- Wear mask over nose and mouth and secure under chin
- Masks should be worn in addition to staying at least 6 feet apart, especially around people who don’t live with you.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before putting on your mask.
- Wear your mask all day
- Smoking: May only be done in your own closed vehicle and not out in the open
- Eating: Must be done in a socially distant manner - no walking around the market with your meal. Eat in your car or remain 6’ away from others and not in the general market pedestrian area. A designated dining area is available.
- Drinking: You will be able to sip water, but either go to your vehicle, off to the side or remove mask only briefly.
KEEP A 6 FOOT DISTANCE
- People without symptoms may be able to spread the virus
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others (avoid handshakes, hugs). Do you know the “heart nod”?
- Maintain a distance between your customers. They may need to form a line to maintain distance.
Please follow guidelines so we may enjoy a successful, sweet season at
Wolff’s Flea Market. Employees will enforce social distancing and
masking. First communication will be to kindly ask individuals to mask
up, cover nose, maintain the distance, etc. If someone does not comply,
employee will report to security and you may be asked to leave the market.
WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds:
- Before eating or preparing food
- Before touching your face
- After using the restroom
- After leaving a public place
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After handling your mask
- After changing a diaper
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub together until dry
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer and encourage your customers to use it
- Hand sanitizing stations are installed around the market
HOW DOES COVID SPREAD?
- Through respiratory droplets (nose and mouth)
- Coughing, sneezing, breathing, talking
- With symptoms or no symptoms
- While vaccine distribution is increasing - masks and social distancing are required by the State of Illinois, Rosemont and Wolff’s Flea Market at this time.
- Observe the 3 W’s: Wear a mask, Wash your hands and Watch your distance.
CLEAN AND DISINFECT
- Vendor rental tables will be sanitized after each use
- Regularly clean frequently touched surfaces in your booths every hour
- Please supply your own hand sanitizer, wipes, disinfectant sprays, paper towels, etc.
- Store bought disinfectant sprays should contain ingredients that kill the COVID-19 virus:
- Bleach (sodium hypochlorite) or quaternary ammonium. Follow directions.
- Examples of products from the EPA List N and those that kill Coronavirus include:
MONITOR YOUR HEALTH
- Monitor your symptoms at home and do not come to the flea market if you are feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms of COVID.
- Be alert for these symptoms
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
SCREENING - MANDATORY
- VENDORS WILL BE SCREENED UPON ARRIVAL, INCLUDING TEMPERATURE CHECKS
WHAT DO WE DO WHEN WE ARRIVE?
- Drive to west side of lot
- Follow signs and staff to form a line
- Stay in your car and wait for staff to tell you to roll down your window
- Staff will take your temperature and ask you mandatory COVID-19 screening questions
- If all is well, you may proceed to the vendor cashier, and then to your space assignment or reserved spot
- Employees will come to your booth 1-2 more times throughout the day to re-screen you.
- If vendor or booth participant during the day, you will need to leave the market. Your space will be cordoned off with a perimeter and you will be instructed to pack up and leave. Do not come to the market if you or anyone in your group is ill.
- If you or someone in your household/booth helper have COVID-19 related symptoms or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, they should remain isolated at home for a minimum of 10 days after symptom onset AND until feverless and feeling well (without fever-reducing medication) for at least 72 hours OR confirmed to not have COVID-19 via 2 negative COVID-19 tests in a row, with testing done at least 24 hours apart.
CURRENT COVID-19 INFORMATION (Updated 2/19/2021)
Per Village of Rosemont Health Department Recommendation
Source: DCEO Phase 4 Retail Guidelines https://bit.ly/3qDxVj7
If employee/vendor reports having any COVID-19 related symptoms, they should remain isolated at home for a minimum of 10 days after symptom onset AND until feverless and feeling well (without fever-reducing medication) for at least 72 hours OR confirmed to not have COVID-19 via 2 negative COVID-19 tests in a row, with testing done at least 24 hours apart
Any employee/vendor who has had close contact with a co-worker or any other person who is diagnosed with COVID-19 should quarantine for 14 days after the last/ most recent contact with the infectious individual and should seek a COVID-19 test at a state or local government testing center, healthcare center or other testing locations. All other employees should be on alert for symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath and taking temperature if symptoms develop
(Close contacts include household contacts, intimate contacts, or contacts within 6-ft. for 15 minutes or longer unless wearing N95 mask during period of contact).
This is not to be taken as medical advice.
Please follow up with your own healthcare provider.