CUTE COUNTERFEITS ARE STILL COUNTERFEIT

Our Bottom Line: 
Counterfeits are Illegal and 
Banned at our Markets. 
Even if they are cheap, used, cute, etc.

Over the years, I have had many discussions about counterfeit purses with both vendors and customers.

REAL QUOTES:

"I like the purse because it is cute"
"I would never buy the real thing"
"I can't afford the real thing"
"I don't care if it falls apart in a month"
"It was so cheap"
"It's not hurting anyone"
"I want to wear that brand, but won't buy a real one"
"Everyone knows it's not real, so it's ok"
"It might be real"
"No one will notice that it is fake"
"It looks really good for a fake"
"I know it is real and I got it at a great price"

I can argue each point, but for now will focus on the "Cute Factor".

Over the years I have amassed a large selection of new and used counterfeit items. Many were found at thrift shops (passively sold as fakes). Other sources include vendor gifts (they love to help the anti-counterfeit cause), dumpsters (true story), online sites, area wholesalers.

I am continually impressed and amused by varying degrees of effort that manufacturers put into a fake-then consistently neglect important details
DIDN'T WE LEARN HOW TO SPELL 
"WITH" IN FIRST GRADE?
THEY COULDN'T EVEN COPY 
THE LETTERS TO 
CORRECTLY SPELL "JERSEY"

Most of the fakes I have collected are stupid, ugly and obvious. A few required up to a couple of hours to figure out was was wrong.

It was not until today that I found what I consider to be an potential "Cute Counterfeit". I knew this bag was bad as soon as I spotted it from afar at the thrift shop. Upon closer inspection, it was even more obvious that the details and stitching were horrendous. But the problem was that it was just a little cute. Maybe I will never understand what people feel when they buy a cute counterfeit, but I may have almost felt a tiny stirring if not for the fact that the bag claimed to be Louis Vuitton and I hated it on the spot. 

I did buy the bag for my educational Haul of Shame and to keep it "off the streets".

DON'T LET THE POTENTIAL CUTENESS TRICK YOU!
THIS BAG IS A FAKE! 
CUTE COUNTERFEITS ARE STILL COUNTERFEIT!



WE SHOULD MAKE THESE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FIRST TIME VENDORS AT WOLFF'S FLEA MARKET - PLEASE READ

VENDOR TIPS FOR WOLFF'S FLEA MARKET

WATCH YOUR WEIGHTS