This old, tired "curbside" butcher block ended up at the flea market. A little TLC transformed it into this serving cart.
- First I removed the yucky loose and useless shelf
- A good sanding removed most of the dark stain, but I left some to show through the final finish
- Bottom half of cart was painted with 2 coats of dilutes Barn Red paint. Dark blue, forest green and creamy beige were also blotted on and then wiped off to add a slight weathered look.
- Top and painted areas were covered in 2 coats of Varathane Golden Oak semi-gloss Stain & Poly (water based).
- Hardware: shut off valve knob (front left), bottle opener (front right), craft fair stone hook (side right), 4 caster wheels.
- Shelf: I added a sanded plank of recycled cedar fencing as a removable bottom shelf
- Accessories: Handmade wine caddy on top and wineglass box on bottom shelf are made from recycled fencing and pallets by me (Impatient Pallets)