Guest Blogger: Creative Uses for Flea Market Finds

Today's guest blogger is Betsy Fons

Thank you for sharing your projects and ideas!

The first item I ever bought at a flea market was a 5 by 7 carved wooden box. I was 8 years old and we were on our way back home from visiting my grandmother. My dad took the family to a flea market and gave $10.00 to each of his 6 kids to spend. I loved that box and it held many of my childhood “treasures” for many years.

Now, working at a flea market, one of the things I like best is to see customers thrilled about the unique items they buy. I can completely understand their excitement at finding something they have special plans for in their home.

I have grown from buying carved wooden boxes to items I can repurpose in creative ways.  The pictures below are of a few of my finds. I bought an old gardeners tool box, painted it, and put it in my bathroom to hold toiletries. The other picture is of an old church music hymn board that I use to hold family pictures. It’s easy to find creative ways to repurpose flea market finds…if you’re just willing to think outside the box!

Toiletry Caddy
(PHOTO: Betsy Fons)

Hymn board turned photo display
(PHOTO: Betsy Fons)


FUTURE PROJECTS:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FIRST TIME VENDORS AT WOLFF'S FLEA MARKET - PLEASE READ

VENDOR TIPS FOR WOLFF'S FLEA MARKET

WATCH YOUR WEIGHTS