MEET OUR VENDORS! The People of Wolff's Flea Market


By Guest Blogger Candice Lee Conner

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you can find anything at Wolff's Flea Market. From Love - which we talked about earlier - to antiques. 

And yes folks, even your fresh produce. An epic place to get those strawberries, mangos, and veggies is Dave's Farm Stand. If you've been to Wolff's Flea Market in the past 17 years - you've seen their rather large stand in front of the Allstate Arena. I interviewed Ruben, Dave's son last Sunday while he was tending to his many hungry patrons. 

"I grew up in this place!" said Ruben. He's been working at the market since he was a kid, when his dad ran the stand. Dave and his family joined Wolff's Flea Market 17 years and Wolff's is happy they stayed with them!

The customers love Dave' Farm Stand too. As I was interviewing Ruben, a customer named Lisa yelled out that his "stuff tastes good and that everyone should buy here all the time." 

Ruben sells all kinds of fruits and veggies and products vary depending on the time of year. His key to being successful is to make sure to stay in season. This means buying fresh and local and never buying frozen. 

Said Ruben, "If it's not something I'll put on my table, I don't bring it."

So, there you have it folks. One epic food stand run by an epic person. Dave's Farm Stand is located in the front of the Allstate Arena every Sunday at Rosemont and every Saturday and Sunday at Palatine. 

"If it's not something I'll put on my table, I don't bring it"
Fresh mangos, red peppers and cucumbers
(PHOTO: Candice Lee Conner)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FIRST TIME VENDORS AT WOLFF'S FLEA MARKET - PLEASE READ

VENDOR TIPS FOR WOLFF'S FLEA MARKET

WATCH YOUR WEIGHTS